What is it?
The fitting OptiScout for roll cutters, on basis of the high-end finishing solution OptiScout Production for flatbed cutters, is OptiScout Roll Cutter Edition. It enhances cutter's possibilities with special production modes which allow industrial 'Print & Cut' series production - from few to many.
Roll Cutters in Industrial Fields
So far, roll cutters are not or hardly used in industrial environments.
Summa developed with the S Class series a friction feed cutter, that
meets industrial requirements (rugged case, tangential cutting head, roll up system, high performance).
Features compared to flatbed cutters:
- Higher throughput when cutting vinyl,
as material and head move simultaneously
- Comparable cutting quality (tangential cutting)
- Smaller footprint (less than 3 square meters)
- Lower acquisition costs
- Reduced maintenance and service costs
- Exact contour compensation
- Industrial production modes and workflows on roll cutters
- Seamless integration into existing print environments
- Drivers for Summa S Class / S Class 2
S75T / S140T / S160T OPOS CAM
- Summa Flexcut support*
- Direct transfer of contour data from RIPs like
Caldera, ONYX, PosterPrint
- OXF format (OptiScout eXchange File)
- Bar code import
- Variable number, form and color of definable video marks
- Option: Touch & Go
* Flexcut works with 2 pressure values:
1st value: Through Cut (with quoting flex length), 2nd value: Kiss Cut
- Applications with Flexcut and/or Kiss Cut
- Industrial finishing of printed media
- Especially processing of vinyl
- Processing of complete rolls
- In some cases cost-saving alternative to flatbed cutter systems